If you are a parent looking to get back into shape but find it hard to juggle your time while looking after your little one, then getting a jogging stroller can kill two birds with one stone. Not only will you enjoy the experience of getting outside of the house and running, but it is something that just about ever kid loves to partake in as well. This is where the BOB Revolution SE stroller can help.
While it has been around for years, the Revolution SE is still rated as the top jogging stroller by avid runners and kids. With style, comfort, and safety features that are second to none, this running stroller continues to be a huge hit with owners. Here is a quick preview of why you should get this stroller for your family.
BOB Revolution SE Features
Padded, adjustable reclining seat
You probably have come across the buggy seats in other strollers that look like 5 cushions sewn together. Not on this stroller. The seat on Bob revolution is 14.5 inches wide and around 23 inches high from the bottom of the seat up to the top of the canopy. This means that a three years old child can be easily accommodated.
The other notable feature about the seat on this stroller is the position of the seat. Many strollers have a sling seat positioned between the front and back wheels. Its seat is positioned across the widest part of the buggy. I.e. Over the back wheels of the stroller and the seat is reclined to the position of your liking.
Swiveling front wheels
This is a three-wheeled stroller; two wide and sturdy rear wheels and one front wheel. All wheels are made of high impact polymer material with tubes that can take any terrain. The front wheel usually swivels to allow maneuverability. You can lock the wheels forward when going over tough surfaces to increase the stability of the stroller.
The canopy on this stroller is super large and protects your little one from any weather element. The canopy can be adjusted into 5 different positions giving a wide range of coverage. There is a peekaboo window (85-square inch) that allows you to keep an eye on your child. You can fold the canopy all the way back at times when you do not need, say sun protection.
Having a large storage is imperative when jogging with your child. This stroller has lots of storage for your child essential as well as your stuffs. There are 2 interior mesh pockets, one big pocket on the seatback and a large basket hanging underneath the seat.
When pushing this stroller, you will notice that it feels smooth. This is because of the suspension system on it, which minimizes the bumps or uneven surfaces thereby providing a gentle ride for your child. The two-position shock absorbers are there to provide more comfort and reliability.
The handle height is around 40 inches which is a comfortable height for any parent. The handlebar is padded to give you extra comfort and comes with a wrist strap that allows you to secure the stroller when jogging.
The aluminum frame on Bob Revolution is light weight which makes folding very easy. You can fold it in just two steps that require two hands. The folding dimension is 36”length, 25.5” width and 16”H which typically means that it can fit nicely in any vehicle.
- Good for both jogger and stroller since the child is safe and comfortable when you do both.
- Durable. The material made of this stroller is durable and easy clean which means you do not need to buy another stroller before the child gets old enough or until he or she is 70lbs.
- It’s fairly easy to fold. All you need to do is simply lift up the levels by handle bar, then collapse the handle bar.
- Plenty of storage room for you and your child.
- It’s very safe. The five harness keeps your little one secure, the seats keeps him or her comfortable, and the brakes allow you to keep the stroller in a lock position when you’ve stopped.
- High ratings and solid reviews from experts and parents alike
- It’s not a one hand fold which means you will have to bend down and use two hands. It is however very easy to fold.
- It heavy because of a wide frame, large wheels, large canopy, and the padded seats so it’s not something that you would like lifting on a regular basis. These features that add the bulkiness has their advantage, so you have to look it on both ways.
When it comes to joggers, BOB strollers are among the most highly rated on the market. The Revolution SE’s price is high, but I can confidently tell you, that it is extra money if you are a regular runner. Remember that what is important to our children is safety leave alone the comfort, so get a jogger that focuses on safety more than anything else. However, it also does not hurt to get something with a design and style that sets it apart from others in its class.