The VSJ843 is yet another Omega’s latest model of vertical masticating juicers currently available on the market. It comes with some innovative features, which set it far apart from a few of the other vertical slow juicers in its category. An auto-cleaning system, a stopper that perfectly fitted on the end of juice spout, a double-edged auger that rotates at about 43RPM, and a slow speed motor that makes almost silent operation possible are some of its aspects that makes the Omega VSJ843 slow juicer stand out. It also has a slightly wider stance and a square design that will look great in any kitchen.
The VSJ843 juicer is the slowest and single auger upright juicer available out there, particularly in the USA market and other parts of the world. Its speed of 43RPM ensures great flavor and promotes high levels of nutrients and enzymes, which are quite essential for an individual’s state of health and well-being.
• Dual-Edged Auger – an auger is an important part of any juicer as it crushes the vegetables and fruits put into the machine. Unlike traditional augers that are single edged, this VSJ843Q masticating juicer contains a new double-edged auger that helps in improving overall juice extraction and yield.
• Juice Tap – a nice, little stopper fitted on the juicing spout end is another great feature of this particular model of Omega’s vertical masticating juicers. This stopper allows you to control the flow of juice and also helps get rid of spills and drips when switching out containers or moving the juicer.
• Auto-Cleaning System – this appliance also contains a system, which moves around the juicing screen while wiping it clean to ensure that the pulp doesn’t build up or interfere with your juicing process. After using it, water is used to rinse away excess juice and pulp from the juicer. This also helps reduce the overall cleaning time required.
• Slow Squeezing Technology – this version is the first one in its class to use a slow squeezing technology that is designed to extract maximum amount of healthy nutrients, enzymes, vitamins and juice from little produce such as soybeans, veggies and leafy greens. The SST method is also used to reduce the amount of pulp in the juice.
• A Low Speed Motor –the auger rotates at approximately 43RPM, which is less than 50% of a typical masticating juicer. The slow speed helps minimize the amount of foam produced and protect the juice from oxidation, leaving a healthier and great tasting final product.
• A 15-Year Warranty – Omega is well known for designing and building high quality juicers currently available on the market and they always stand behind their unique products by providing very impressive warranties; for instance, Omega comes with a 15-year warranty.
1. Juice Yield – the overall juice yield of this particular version of mega masticating juicers across a wide range of vegetables and fruits is rather good. It also extracts most the juice leaving nice and dry pulp.
2. Very Quiet – most masticating juicers, including Omega VSJ843Q model are basically a lot less noisy compared to centrifugal juicers. You will be amazed with how quiet this juicing machine is when you first turn it on.
3. Great Design – the shape and size of this particular version of vertical masticating juicers made by Omega is quite compact and has a unique style. Its small size makes it fit under most kitchen cabinets or shelves.
4. East-to-Clean – it is designed in such a way it is easier and simple to clean. It contains an auto-cleaning system that wipes the juicing screen while rinsing the pulp and excess juice away.
5. High Quality Juice – typically, most masticating juicers end up with some pulp in the juice, but Omega VSJ843Q model does a great job to keep pulp out of the final product.
1. Price – being the latest vertical masticating juicer made by Omega, this juicing machine definitely comes with a relatively higher price. It is quite expensive because of its advanced features.
2. Hard Vegetable Hiccups – some produce like carrots and beetroots may make the machine to stop working if the pieces are put into it too quickly or are too large. Nevertheless, if this happens, use the reverse switch to unclog the juicer.
As early mentioned, the Omega VSJ843 juicer is actually one of the top vertical masticating juicers currently available on the market. It is easy to clean, delivers a high yield of juice, easy to assemble and disassemble and it also handles hard veggies and fruits quite easily. If you want to drink healthy juices, then this is the best choice for you.